You know how sometimes turning your computer off and back on again can sweep out the “cobwebs”?
Phones are like that, too, and resetting yours can improve how easily and accurately it can find other phones and be found. Each phone is a little different, but the steps to reset one generally go like this:
- Select Settings (or Other), then select Location (sometimes called GPS).
- If Location/GPS is off, turn it on. If it's on, turn it off.
- Turn the phone off, remove the battery, and wait 60 seconds. Replace the battery, turn the phone on, and make a call to test it.
- If you turned Location / GPS off earlier, turn it back on.
- Take the phone outside or stand near a window, and wait 60 seconds. Then try again to find a phone on your account.
For best results, reset both your phone and the one whose location you want to see.
If you’re using the Android app and are having trouble getting good results when you try to find a phone, your best first bet is to uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. Sometimes a little “reset” is all you need. Technology can be a bit temperamental from time to time.
And if you're still having problems, please do get in touch with us directly. There’s a Safely rep ready to help you out!