Sprint Family Locator can show you the location of a lost or stolen phone. Here’s what to know:
- IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR PHONE WAS STOLEN AND YOU LOCATE IT WITH THIS OR ANY SERVICE, REPORT THE INCIDENT TO THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY. FOR YOUR SAFETY, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONFRONT THE SUSPECTED THIEF OR RETRIEVE THE PHONE ON YOUR OWN.
- You do not have to be the account holder in order to sign up for the service, but you do need to check with the account holder, because he or she will be the one who's billed.
- For the service to work, the phone must be turned on and in Sprint’s network.
- When you register, the phone you want to find will immediately receive a text stating that its location can be seen. (Why is this?)
- Note that Sprint Family Locator, like most all location services available today, usually cannot pinpoint a precise location inside a building.
Still have unanswered questions? Please send us a message, and a Safely rep will happily help you out.